Providing access to meetings and resources of recovery are the primary concerns of NYCMA, and we want to continue doing that safely without increasing risk of harm to the fellowship.
The LGBTQ Center will not be hosting any meetings from Friday, March 13—Tuesday, March 31. Read the update here: https://gaycenter.org/coronavirus-update/
If you don’t see a meeting on the comprehensive list of meeting updates, please check the meeting calendar to confirm the temporary meeting location.
Suggested Protocols for Meetings
While meetings are autonomous we provide the following suggestions:
- Don’t go to meetings if you are sick.
- Use the phone list.
- Avoid holding hands. Consider the NA “arms around the back” version of closing meetings or linking arms.
- If you are a hugger, refrain for now.
- Suspend hospitality tables and refrain from passing food.
- Don’t pass medallions or chips around for everyone to touch.
- Place 7thTradition basket in one place for fellows to drop contributions, rather than passing it around.
The Help Line will be monitored more frequently. The Help Line phone number is 212-642-5029.